Sunday, June 30, 2019

I'm back and ready

I spent the last month experiencing adventures with my 2 daughters that live in other parts of the country.  I am thankful for time to enjoy those that live far away and reflect on this past school year. 
For some of my adventures https://ptsd-acceptingcopingthriving.com/2019/06/30/adventures/

I spent time walking, lots of walking.  This coming March I am planning to participate in a major hiking experience.  I hadn't walked more than 4 miles on a hike for as long as I can remember.  This past month I learned to walk with a group....kids and adults enjoying each other.  I noticed that I can get very worried about little people walking to close to the road or the edge of a cliff.  I need to work with my over zealous reaction to some situations.  I learned to walk in the rain.  I spent time in an area that is experiencing record breaking rainfall.  If I didn't walk in the rain, I wouldn't go walking at all.  I did buy a second pair of tennis shoes to go walking in.  My shoes were getting so wet that when I put them on the next day they oozed water between my toes.  Not a comfortable feeling.  More time to dry my shoes with a second pair.  My final day of walking was a 5 mile walk, which is probably the longest walk since I was a teenager.  Go me. 

I also spent some time reflecting on where was I going.  What adjustments do I need to make to my life plan?  Do I feel like I am following Heavenly Father's plan for me?  I saw my daughters pray wall and felt a twang of envy.  I want a prayer wall.  I thought about my space in my house and what was keeping me from having a space of peace and reflection in my home.  I plotted and planned ways to change my space so that I can have a prayer wall in my house.  The movie War Room http://www.kendrickbrotherscatalogue.com/warroom/ introduced me to the idea but I hadn't thought about why I had not created such a space for myself.  I felt a bit of envy then realized that the only one holding me back from having my own space is me.  Heavy sigh, the Lord often points out to me that I am my own worse stumbling block.  Plans are a foot to change that one piece of what I can do.  Summer is only one more month with plans of more adventures with grandchildren and adult children.  Yes, my kids are still my children but they are such amazing adults it is fun learning to let them lead.  I feel so blessed. 

No comments: