Friday, July 5, 2019

Recovery Day

I need to remind myself that a day after any holiday is a recovery day.  I happen to love fireworks but the number of people that also love fireworks is a bit overwhelming.  I put on my emotional body armor and get through the evening Ooohing and Ahhhing and trying to get a few pictures that I will like.  Not easy.   I need to remind myself that it is a bit like running a marathon and I need to give myself some recovery time.  Just because I made it through successfully and enjoyed myself doesn't mean I don't need some down time today.  Too often I push and push and push myself then when my mind and body push back I get all upset.  I can be kind to myself.  That is one of the many things I learned in counseling, just because I wasn't cared for as a child doesn't mean I need to neglect myself as an adult.  I am going to enjoy my down time, too. 

Pictures from another year:




1 comment:

Janet Hope said...

The middle photo looks like just a flower. I love it!