Sunday, November 24, 2019

Making an Angry Bird

Yup, really.  I just finished stuffing the body of a crocheted Angry Bird.  It actually looks like the picture.  (Shocker)  I am thankful for crocheting as a creative outlet that I am feeling like I can explore.  A big Thank YOU!!! to Mikey at The Crochet Crowd.  https://thecrochetcrowd.com/ He is an amazing teacher of all things crochet.  (He does knitting to but I don't knit.)  I am getting braver and trying more and more exotic stitches in his Stitch Alongs.  Thanks to my daughter for introducing me to Stitch alongs and in the process meeting Mikey online.  He has no idea who I am but that is ok because he patiently explains what to do when I make a mistake, why it is important to make test swatches, and challenges me to try new stuff.  He is one of my Super Hero people that make my life more interesting and creative.  Thank goodness for Black Friday Shopping that reduces the cost of yarn.  Interesting side note: I can't use wool yarn.  My hands start to itch like crazy.  I can pet a sheep but yarn is processed in some way that my skin reacts.  Thank goodness for amazing bamboo, cotton, and new types of soft and silky acrylics.  One of my coping techniques is crochet.  Mostly I do wash cloths that I can easily take to a waiting room, meeting, or other places that are challenging for me to hang out at. I give away my finished projects.  I release my stress and someone else enjoys the by product. 

My first stitch-a-long.  


No comments: