Sunday, May 17, 2020

100 books

I was given a list of 100 books to read about PTSD/CPTSD.  I have not read most of them.  I did read a bunch of books, not all of these, however. 

https://bookauthority.org/books/best-ptsd-books

Many of the books now available were published after I was in counseling, a lot of the information is new.  CPTSD wasn't even used yet. However, I did read many books.  The ones that connected with me I share on my resource page.  http://weareone-ruth.blogspot.com/p/resources-books.html

I do not recommend all of these books.  Pick and choose.  Many of them are military based.  Much of the information I use is from military PTSD web pages.  I was never in the military but their articles helped me cope with symptoms of PTSD.  It was an article about taking martial arts that got me to try Karate.  The results were amazing.  It also helped that my teacher is trauma aware.  I actually had a complete melt down in class.  The next week I tried to apologize.  He told me I had nothing to apologize for.  I am now in my 5th year....and were are having class on Zoom.  It helped me feel like I can control my body in all situations.  Cool stuff for me.  My confidence grew in leaps and bounds when I mastered ground defense requiring me to do a diving forward roll.  Serious stuff when I am over 60 years old.  The article was right, it helped me gain confidence that I never had before.  I would say this list is simply a suggestion list and one more resource not a to-do list. 

Take care and enjoy your day. 

Crochet-a-longs are another thing that are helping me to build my skills and confidence.  Thanks to Mikey from TheCrochetCrowd.  https://thecrochetcrowd.com/



No comments: