Monday, February 14, 2011

Sometimes....

Sometimes I just don't know what I want to post then I see it.  That perfect quote that so captures some wayward quirk deep inside but needs somebody else to say it.  Thanks Mark Twain...You really came through.  

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Mark Twain


After reading a couple of other blogs I think this is left too wide.  For those that think I am condoning lies that is not my intent.  I suspect Mark Twain was commenting on writing.  I guess where it struck me is I am dealing with a person that lives in fantasy land.  I would love it if they could get the facts first before twisting things around.  Perhaps what really needs to happen is for there to be a sarcasm font.  I suspect that is more the mood I am in right now.  Sarcasm lots and lots of it.   

2 comments:

Laurel Hawkes said...

I think I like Mark Twain's better than "Don't confuse me with the facts."

Ruth said...

That is a good one. Thank you for adding it.