Monday, January 2, 2012

Thorns, Roses and Rosebuds (completed)

2012 Rose Bowl Parade - I was there.  :)


I had no time yesterday to complete this for a very good reason.  One of the roses that happened was for the first time ever I saw the Rose Bowl Parade in person.  As a Christmas present, DH bought tickets in one of the grandstands along the parade route it was totally awesome.

Thorn for this past year was being switched assignments at work without any in put from me.  It shakes me up to be reminded that I am just a little X on somebodies spread sheet to be moved around at the decision of someone that has never met me.

Two Roses:  Hard to state just two I seem to have had so many this year.
One of the Roses I am combining by saying wonderful additions to our family.  One daughter-in-law and 2 grandbabies. The other is my continued progress with new counselor.  I am very excited that I am feeling like all the hard work is paying off by significantly improved relationships with family and friends.

Three Rosebuds:  These are three things that I am looking forward to happening this year.  One happened today.  I watched the Rose Bowl Parade in person with DH.  Totally awesome.  The second is more additions to our family are on the way.  I am very excited for my daughter and daughter-in-law with their little babies on the way.  Third one is I am looking forward to possibly finishing counseling this year.  Yep, I said it.  I have noticed that I am finally able to put in to practice behaviors and thought patterns that I have spent the last 8 years trying to change.  It is very exciting to me.  Feels almost as good as graduating from college.  I guess you could say I am graduating in the "School of Hard Knocks."  This is not to say that I expect to live on easy street.  It just means that instead of experiences knocking me down so hard I can't function, I now have a clue what to do.  2012 Bring it ON!!!!



http://janasthinkingplace.com/2011/12/roses-thorns-and-rosebuds-2011-2012/

6 comments:

Jana A (@jana0926) said...

These are fantastic! I'm so jealous (in a good way) that you saw the Rose Bowl Parade. I'd love to do that one day!! Happy New Year, Ruth! Here's hoping all your dreams and rosebuds come true!

Pitstop said...

I think the thorn for me has been the need to accept the dysfunctions in my FOO and work to protect myself against them.
The two roses? Easy to identify! Two new little baby granddaughters, born within weeks of each other. They make my heart nearly burst with love and pride!
3 rosebuds?
Looking forward to building my relationships with my granddaughters,and developing my granny skills so that I provide them with a good and healthy extended family experience.
Do something for myself. I am interested in writing, or in studying.
Making some new friends. For too long I just relied on my FOO to be my friends as well as my family.The true end of enmeshment lies in spending time with people who like and respect you for who you are. I am now no one's scapegoat.xxxxx

Ruth said...

Thanks Jana, I appreciate you setting up an opportunity to review the year.

Ruth said...

Nyssa, congratulations. Your rosebuds sound great. Thanks for adding to this.

mulderfan said...

The biggest thorn is the loss of my darling dog, Schindler, when he was far too young.

Roses too numerous to count!
Learning that accepting the things I cannot change may mean walking away from them.
Developing a more appropriate, adult relationship with my DD.
Getting the volunteer "job" of my dreams.
Connecting with a number of my blog friends on Facebook and deepening our friendship.
And many more...

Rosebuds:
Continuing my work with my new AA sponsor.
Helping others in recovery through my 2nd blog and AA service work.
Searching for the ever elusive humility!
And, again, many more...

Ruth said...

Awesome list (((P/M)))