Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Where's your focus?

Too often as I reflect at New Years the focus is only on the things that I need to improve.  In time, that's all I see, what's wrong.

Which do you see?
Do you see the beautiful tulip or the broken leaf?  No optical illusion just which do you see?  In counseling I paid a lot of money to fix the broken places.  When I started I didn't realize, I was shattered.  The pieces are going back together.  I sometimes think about just quitting now and not look at what's left.  I cut my foot open when I was a kid, the nurse had to scrub it clean before putting on the bandage.  My recovery is coming along quite nicely.  I don't want to mess things up now by not completing the process.  Small fragments left behind will fester and eventually create more pain.  One of the blogs I read said that life is like climbing Mount Everest.  Quitting now seems like getting just a few hundred yards from the top then going home before completing.  Feeling really tired tonight. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be alright.

mulderfan said...

Push on, Ruth! You deserve to make it to the top!

Maybe we should meet up and have a party there!

Hugs P/M

Ruth said...

Thanks Lisa

Ruth said...

Thanks (((P/M))) See you at the top...

Ellen said...

Honestly? I saw the tulip flower, but was debating with myself whether I like that kind, or if the colour is too harsh. lol.

We don't want to give up half healed, for sure.

Ruth said...

Thanks Ellen. Glad you saw the flower first.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ruth

Actually I saw both. Broken leaf or not it is still a beautiful flower.

I think doubt crept in because of the tiredness… of course you’re going to make it Ruth, with your determination how could you not!!
Take care
Molly

Ruth said...

Thanks Molly

Evan said...

You are allowed to take breathers on your journey to the top - they help you get there.

Ruth said...

Thank you Evan. I'll keep that in mind.

Pitstop said...

I saw the flower first. Keep going!xx You are a complete inspiration to me and to many others.xx

Ruth said...

Thanks Nyssa.