Monday, February 6, 2012

Inspiration needed daily

Katherine MansfieldRisk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth.


Every day I check my different blogs and quotes looking for things that inspire and lift.  Today I was over at Laurel's blog (http://laurelhawkes.blogspot.com/2012/02/following-up-saturday.html) and she shared a link to Susan Boyle's beautiful singing.  First impressions sometimes hide truths that need patience and listening a little longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrAJsWvEIc&feature=related Susan Boyle's audition.

 I remember reading somewhere that motivational speaker Zig Zigler was criticized because motivation didn't last.  He responded, "That is why I recommend it daily."  Every day we need motivation to keep going.  In my early 30's depression engulfed me.  My motivation to keep going - my children.  Depression blankets your life in a fog of darkness and attempts to stifle all life from your soul until living seems like a great drudgery.  A single pin prick of light in that darkness can start to lift the fog.  Like a solitary candle can push back the darkest night.  Find that single candle and keep it lit in your heart.  Seeing the whole thing is sometimes overwhelming but just a single circle of light is possible. 

4 comments:

mulderfan said...

One of my favourites: "We all have a right to be happy, simply by virtue of being born." I don't have an author but it is a Buddhist principle.

Be happy! Hugs P/M

Ruth said...

Thanks P/M. I like that principle. :)

Anonymous said...

I love "being a light in the midst of darkness"....as long as it is HIS LIGHT I am allowing to shine forth ...for my light is but darkness in the midst of darkness...it takes the light to exspell the darkness from our life...thanks for the reminder through your blog this a.m.

Judy said...

Love this post!

And I nominated you for a Lieber Award. :-)

http://ladyhawkhollow.blogspot.com/