Monday, June 11, 2012

Change in perspective

I spent the last several days reviewing about lists.  I don't think I feel like I hate lists any more.  I dislike how people can use list to control, exclude, punish, and push beyond reasonable limits but the list is a tool.  I think I have blamed lists for the behavior of certain people because it is easier to blame the list instead of what was happening in my life.  I think I can now use lists to help sort out what I want to do in my life without being a slave to the list.  Nice to have it back into a healthier place in my life.  I think I will mostly use spread sheets because I like all the little cells to keep track of dates completed.  I think from this discussion, I really do appreciate the input and the web pages that shared my page, I learned that tools can be destructive or useful.  An axe has been used in murders but I used it to chop firewood to warm our house.  A list is a tool.  A spreadsheet is a tool.  Yup.  I think I have a much better perspective than when I started.

The Project by Judy http://theprojectbyjudy.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/my-sisters-lists/
mulderfan http://muldrfan.blogspot.com/2012/06/two-amazing-posts-from-blogger-friends.html 


1 comment:

Cassandra said...

It's always great to reclaim a tool. :D