Friday, June 29, 2012

Courage

I am one of those people that like facebook.  Partly because my friends post really cool pictures and encouraging words.  This came from one of my friends.  I don't know how she knew I needed to read this today.  Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to repost an awesome quote.




What is courage? It's not just the ability to conquer your fears in battle; it's also mastering your insecurities, anxieties & self-doubt. Courage is believing in yourself when no-one else believes in you; it's standing up for what's right when everyone around you tells you that you're wrong; it's listening to your inner wisdom when others say that you don't know what you're talking about; it's going after what your heart desires instead of trying to avoid disappointment, & it's trusting that you can take care of yourself even when the situation you're in frightens you. Above all, courage is being able to open your heart to give & receive love, even when you've been hurt before & wonder if you'll be hurt again. Rest assured, you will be hurt again. Loss is inevitable in life. But if you have courage, you can live life to the fullest knowing that not only can you can tolerate all the challenges & difficulties ahead of you but you can learn & grow from them. Facing life head on will enrich you, provide you with greater wisdom & allow for the deepest kind of happiness & fulfillment.

Found her link to a page other than Facebook:  http://marciasirotamd.com/

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Ruth-full Compassion Institute? I know one thing, you've got lots of courage Ruth.

Kara said...

This is inspiring, thank you Ruth. xx

Ruth said...

Thanks Ellen. Brought a smile to my face. :)

I agree Kara.