Sunday, January 11, 2015

Options

https://theprojectbyjudy.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/breathe-in-breathe-out/

When you can't see a way out, remember God will make a way through.  There's always an option you can't see: The God Option.

My sister and I walk and talk every Saturday, we call it sister therapy.  The advantage is we know share history.  I've known her all of my life but unfortunately my mother did the best she could to divide us, compared us, and pitted us against each other.  Finally when I moved away, she wouldn't let me talk with her on the phone.  I am a terrible letter writer so we drifted farther and farther apart.  Then DH moved our family back into the area where my sister and parents lived.  She was furious with me for acting as if nothing happened....fast forward 10 years.  I entered counseling and talked for the first time about not remembering anything before high school and not much of high school either.  She realized I acted as if nothing happened because I didn't know.  There are some cute let meme's on facebook that people lament that they wished they could just forget.  The mind can but the body and emotions remember without having any context as to why I felt the way I did.  I felt depressed and hurting and no understanding as to why so I felt guilty for feeling awful.  Counseling helped me piece together enough of my childhood to know my life was really messed up.  Now my sister and I share current events, validate each other, and remind each other that we are moving forward and changing our lives to become healthier.  Finding my sister again was one of the God Options in my life.

Integrating was another God Option.  Once I understood how I functioned in pieces, I didn't know how I could bring all my pieces together again.  I could see what I wanted but didn't know how to do it.  My counselor encouraged me to keep trying and learning and choosing boundaries and getting healthier and keep trying and learning.....for seven years.  I integrated.  I look back at what I accomplished and have no idea how I did it.  It was a God Option.

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This is the God Option.

Christ walked on water and Peter got out of the boat and walked towards him.  With God all things are possible.

Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is! 

~ Author unknown


No comments: