Sunday, January 4, 2015

WWJD?

What Would Jesus Do? is a popular question.  However, the thing I noticed about people that use this question is they severely limit the things Jesus would do.  He fed the hungry and rebuked the Hippocrates. He walked in humility and he walked on water.  He made the blind to see and turned over the tables of moneychangers. He taught the beatitudes and made a whip to chase the animals out of the temple.  He healed the sick and lift up the hands that hung down.  Ultimately, He did what no man can ever do He was crucified for the World and He said, "Come Follow Me."  In any given situation I think about what would Jesus do and I am in awe all over again about His kindness, gentleness, love, and majesty.  I shared today in church that one of the first books I ever bought was a Bible.  By the time I was 12 years old, I read the New Testament.  No easy task for a poor reader.  By the time I was 12 years old, I knew the depths of Hell.  Though my tender mind repressed most of my memories that feeling of darkness persisted.  In my darkest hour is when Christ taught me that I was not forgotten that He suffered Gethsemane so I might follow His light out of that deep hole.  Reading the New Testament I understood that my abuser lied to me.  Christ did not forget me.  Christ did not turn His back on me.  Christ knew exactly where I was and what I experienced.  He also knew that I needed to come to Him on my own path.  He searched for me and dragged me up out of the depths of despair and is my advocate cheering me on towards His path to follow Him.  He also lets me make my own mistakes encouraging me to grow.  No mistakes....no growth.  He wants me to grow into the woman He believes me to be.  How cool is that?  Yup, Jesus does amazing things.  In my stumbling way I try to follow Him. 

He Knows where to find me

His Light breaks through the darkest clouds



No comments: