Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Not the end of the world

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
- John Wooden

Click Here For Success Tip # 092


 Abuse is not the end of the world.  Abuse sucks and has long term challenges but if your are complaining about abuse, you are still alive.  Alive means options.  I caution people never, and I mean never, say, "It can't get any worse."  The statement is like throwing out a challenge to Karma and life to bring out the big guns.  However, I am saddened by the number of people with PTSD and other long term problems that look at the dark path ahead and conclude it can't get any better.  Too easily this can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  I appreciated my friend with a crippled hand that taught me how to sew on plastic canvas.  I loved her attitude.  She declared that she wasn't handicapped, she was handiable.  She proved it every day by doing so much with her life.  I notice that I can get sucked into focusing on fixing the broken places and totally ignore the healthy and strong ones.  I am not my broken pieces.  I have broken pieces and some will take a bit to make them somewhat workable.  There are many things I can do every day.  There are plenty of the things that I won't get done during the day but that doesn't mean I should stop doing what I can do.  

I believed I couldn't draw, then I became an art major.  This is from my first drawing class. 
 

2 comments:

TR said...

The drawing is beautiful. :)

Ruth said...

Thank you TR.