Sunday, April 19, 2015

What a weekend.....

Wow...my weekend was packed.  I'm back to writing today.  Yesterday, I did a cooking marathon....by the time the last batch of cookies came out of the oven I was barely awake.  I was thrilled to spend the day testing 3 brownie recipes.....(I am teaching myself to cook now that the kids are grown,) 3 batches of banana bread and 3 dozen cookies.  I did more in a day than I used to do in a month.  In fact, there was one time in my life that I couldn't have done any of it.  I could only be up for 20 minutes a day and baking any one of them was more than 20 minutes.  Today was catching up on things for church and going to listen to a speaker.  The young lady shared her experience of debilitating depression and her determination to feel joy in the journey.  http://the444project.com/ I did not choose the same path she did to deal with the pain and frustration of severe depression.  I did appreciate her sharing her understanding of Christ atonement covers not just our sins but our suffering, too.  Christ understands our darkest struggles.  Sadly, churches can get things fairly muddled or miss the point all together.  Even sadder is when someone is on the receiving end of spiritual abuse to the point where they want nothing to do with Heavenly Father and Christ.  Her sharing of her firm belief that Christ cares and is there in her darkest moments was uplifting for me.  I experienced some of those same feelings.  I heard a quote some where, "When you hit rock bottom, you learn that Christ is the rock at the bottom."  Found it online, same picture and everything.....
http://indulgy.com/post/DXklnTpZK1/sometomes-god-lets-you-hit-rock-bottom-so-tha

I hope you enjoyed part of your weekend too....ok if you didn't, sometimes, the goal is making it through the day.  On a bad day, I would remind myself, I can do anything for 5 minutes.

* By the way....Ghirardelli 100% cocoa makes a fabulous brownie. 

Determination or foolish?

No comments: