Thursday, September 28, 2017

Jerking awake

I found an interesting article shared on Facebook about that feeling of falling and jerking awake. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolinekee/falling-asleep-jk-falling-down-the-stairs?utm_term=.ravdPPzDV1#.yxr577wgeP

Note: The gifs are annoying so I would scroll so they were hidden to read the article. 

Most of the time I stay awake until I am so exhausted that I more pass out than fall asleep.  I am working on going to sleep earlier but that is cutting into my blog writing time.  I need to shuffle things around a bit. 

School is picking up the pace.  Field trips, major projects and inventories keep me hopping and on the go all the time.  I am working at self care of making sure I get my breaks.  However, on field trip days hyper-vigilance kicks into over drive and leaves me exhausted when things go well and totally undone if things don't go well. 



4 comments:

Tundra Woman said...

Ruth, have you had a sleep study done?
TW

Ruth said...

Yes I did. I had a cpap machine until I took off the mask in my sleep 3 times, tearing up my face in the process. Found out years later that the machine was recalled for not functioning correctly. I blamed myself so felt I should wait until I slept with fewer nightmares. So far, not so good.

Tundra Woman said...

Would you consider another sleep study and working with someone who actually knows the different models of CPAP delivery systems?
TW

Ruth said...

Yes I would. I've tried all sorts of things. Some help some don't. I'm willing to try something else so I can sleep.