Sunday, January 20, 2019

High Stress

These past two months I reached a new level of high stress.  DH (Darling Husband) injured his back in the first week of December.  Now he is having treatments, then we wait if they work.  Tomorrow is round two.  We are praying that this works the rest of what needs done.  He improved a lot, and I mean a lot, with the first treatment but it is not enough for him to be back to work.  I am thankful for short term disability.  We are praying that it will stay short term. 

Things that are helping me cope.  Prayer.  Give the battle to God.  Keep busy.  Create art.  Do most of the things we normally do.  I'm not used to having all this time without time for me to be alone and work on my own projects.  Most of my art, sewing, and other projects are things I do alone because I am mostly alone when he goes to work.  I learned to enjoy my own company.  I am struggling with boundaries being busted by a new need to watch to make sure he doesn't do too much.  Not an easy task.  He is used to work hard and long. 

One of the challenges of counseling is to take what I learn and actually use it in my life.  I am noticing that I do this sometime.  This week I opened up and actually talked about some of the stress I am feeling.  It didn't change anything but I felt less internal pressure.  I guess the reason venting is called venting is because stress steam is released.  And it works.

Prayers, positive vibes appreciated as we go for the next round.  Reminding myself we don't always get what we wish for but we can readjust and cope with what is next.  What ever next is. 



No comments: