Monday, April 1, 2019

Jokes me

Children learn about joking but they don't separate it from lying.  One people laugh at, the other they get in trouble.  April Fools day brings out the worst in some people.  Weirdly I was reading what I thought was a truthful article until I got to the comments and they clarified it was all a joke.  I had considered the source and not realized someone was playing a joke, it still felt like lying to me.  Too many times I was teased until I cried and then accused of not being able to take a joke.  Needless to say April fools day is not my favorite day.  A couple of years ago, I tried to play what I thought was a harmless joke; I took a plate of Brown Es to school.  The students were not impressed.  I realized that even 'harmless' jokes can have a negative impact on a relationship.  I no longer try to play April Fools jokes.  I don't do it well and I feel so bad if the other person is up set about it.  It is hard to know how someone will take a joke.  Plus there are some things that are not joking matters. 


No comments: