Sunday, October 10, 2010

The BIG C

Before I started counseling I had breast cancer.  I was so horrified that the first time I said the words, "I have cancer."  I passed out.  I am now thankful I had cancer.  I do not wish cancer on anyone.  But cancer taught me somethings that helped me during counseling.  My big C was really counseling and finding out I had PTSD with dissociation at a severe level.  DID, MPD all became acronyms that made cancer look down right doable.  Today I walked in a 5K for fighting cancer with over 30,000 people.  The hard thing about PTSD you won't find very many people in your parade.  The ones that did join and help me through counseling are the incredible people of my life.  Thank you.  I also agree that one of my greatest helps is my faith in Christ.  The scripture applies to whatever difficult task you face.      

This came from DaySpring Ecard.  Click here to see the card.  It is the one with the butterfly.  
You are a fighter, a survivor, a woman (or man) of faith. You are a tough opponent for any challenge.
Even the big "C" is no match for you because you belong to an even bigger"C"...Christ.
He is with you and many prayers are for you as you fight this battle.
You answer me and encourage me by giving me the strength I need. Psalm 138:3 TLB

No comments: