Sunday, July 3, 2011

Contrast

God is a changer.  
He changes darkness into Light..  
Bondage into Liberty..
Ashes into beauty..
Conflict into Peace..
He has changed death into Life!
Daysprings on Facebook
I am fascinated how when I am thinking over an idea I encounter all sorts of different thoughts on the same theme.  I have thought about change.  The importance of change.  How much I have changed.  The opportunities for more change.  Today I saw this on Facebook.   I realized that this is an interesting contrast.  This illustrated the way God changes things yet God is constant.  In Paul's letter to the Hebrews 13:8 he writes, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." This is another aspect of change or lack of change.  One of the fascinating things about integration was totally reinventing myself.  However, for all the change I experienced my core values remained the same.  Even more amazing as I grow after my integration that my likes, dislikes, interests, dreams, and other attributes that existed in different alters have continued after the change of integration.  This puzzled me at first since some of my alters seemed like exact opposites to each other.  I now understand that the values were the same. How each one carried it out was different.  Now, as an integrated person I have blended the styles of all the different alters into myself.  Massive change occurred but there is a great deal that remains the same.  I noticed this in other situations.  Some things change massively yet certain aspects remain the same.   Almost like a whirl pool where the outer edges are swirling around yet the center of the vortex can remain constant.  Sometimes change will only be on the surface like painting a room.  Other times it is like Extreme Makeover: Home edition, changing the whole structure from the ground up but the basic intent, a home, remains the same.   Christ taught repentance which is the very essence of how to change.  He did what was necessary so I can change to become what He intended me to be, a loving kind person that likes animals, children, photography, and sunsets.  I am thankful for the changes in my life.  I am glad the Christ is one of the constants that does not change.     
 

5 comments:

Pronoia Agape said...

Beautiful post!

Initially, when I realized how much of me was the false self that resulted from being brought up ina narcissistic family, I was afraid that I'd completely lose myself, who I thought I was, if I got better.

But the good stuff remains the same!

I understand we are real. We are really real. God created us to be eternally real persons. When we change for the better, the things that change, the things we shed were unreal in the first place. But the real us is real and won't be lost.

Hugs!

mulderfan said...

I love the word repentance, because gives us another chance. My constant is the wish to be a kind, decent human being.

Happy Independence Day! P/M

Ruth said...

Thank you PA, You're right. The real good stuff stays constant. Excellent observation. :)

Thanks P/M. I agree I love the repentance because it does give us another chance. :)

Laurel Hawkes said...

Amen.

The baby zebra is adorable.

Ruth said...

I was so lucky. E called to tell me it was born that day so I grabbed my camera to get shots. I love the zoo.