Friday, September 16, 2011

End of a rough week

Katharine HepburnLife is hard. After all it kills you.

Came home from worked and crashed/slept for 3 hours.

I did accomplish several good things this week.  I dropped out of the workshop on Mental Illness in the Classroom.  I decided that I am very grateful no one knew in high school what I did to survive.  Plus they only help students with mental health problems that interfere with their school work.  Being a multiple, one of my people was capable of hyper-focusing on school work.  Really came in handy since she didn't worry too much about the raging high school hormones.  Simply a non-issue when there was work to be done.  Another weirdness I realized that school was the safest place for me but the way the schools now 'help' students would have put me in greater risk situation.  I am really thankful for several truly amazing teachers I had back then.  I still remember several and the way they touched my life in a very positive way.

On another note, I earned 4 gold stars this week.  ✭✭✭✭  It helped that the teachers got together and decided I can help in photography during advisory time.  Amazing how a little bit of give in the schedule satisfies me.  Still challenged but I am trying to be more open to positive possibilities.  I am learning that I am really much better than I ever imagined at organizing things.  Now if I can just get motivated to do that at home.  

7 comments:

mulderfan said...

Now that I'm retired, I'm becoming less and less organized on the home front. Not sure if it's because when I was working I HAD to be super organized because of time constraints or if I've FINALLY realized that dust is just dust and it will wait for me!

IMO PRIORITIZING is way more important than ORGANIZING, Ruth!

So glad you got your foot back in the photography door!

Hugs P/M

Laurel Hawkes said...

Home is a different place, with different landmines. You'll figure it out.

Ruth said...

Thanks mulderfan. I agree dust is just dust and the desert has plenty. I have a room that I really can't use because I can't see the floor. It is my sewing and crafts room. I want it so I can go in and use it when I want to do something. Laurel pointed out that the different landmines at home create different problems. Besides I would rather go hangout with my sister or kids then clean. :)

Laurel Hawkes said...

Back atcha!

Ruth said...

:)

Beads Just For You said...

I feel like I can keep up with you in between our visits. Thanks for sharing this.

Ruth said...

Hope to see you soon. :)