Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mile Stones

Mile stones are those defining moments when you realize you are finally going somewhere besides in circles.  They mark the path leading to....where ever it is you are wanting to go.  KavinCoach suggested a path called Thriving.  I had no idea where it would lead me.  The first thing I found out was I was walking with 4 others.  You know those three legged races where it is kind of awkward because of being tied to someone else.  Now imagine 5 people cuffed together trying to move forward.  Way hard.  (Some people that split into multiples choose to stay together for reasons of their own.  I have read enough other stories that I know this is a choice for some people.)  I chose to integrate.  I felt that I was born in one piece and I wanted to be back together in every sense of the word.  I hit that mile stone and realized all that did was now having me running through the same muck on the same path and I still wasn't getting where I thought I should be.  Discouragement.  Then I was taught better tools for living like assertiveness, healthy boundaries, negotiations, and many other skills that switching kept me from learning.  I have always imagined that I am trying to get out of a dark cave.  Too many times the light at the end of the tunnel was a train or an orc with a torch.  Either way I would get creamed.  Today for the first time I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and NewCounselor confirmed there's a light up above.  I can see it, I can feel its warmth, I feel terrific. 


10 comments:

mulderfan said...

It's funny, I think of falling down a well and struggling to crawl out. The sides are slippery and even when I make it out the water at the bottom sometimes entices me back and I have to start over.

The main thing is to never give up, Ruth. You deserve peace and happiness for the simple reason that you are, what I like to call, a "decent human being", who I am happy to call my friend!

Love, P/M

Ruth said...

I have used the well idea too. I have started over lots of times. Thanks P/M. I appreciate your encouragement. :)

CZBZ said...

I am happy for you today, Ruth! Happy you are feeling the warmth of light as you move out of the cave of darkness...


Hugs,
CZ

Ruth said...

Thanks CZ :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, Ruth, You've worked so hard to get here.....even if it's only fleeting, for a moment whatever, ENJOY!

Sandy said...

Beautiful post, your reason for integrating is powerful. :)

Ruth said...

Anon I am enjoying. I also things can change in a moment. Life guarantees change and not always for the better. Nice when the change is for the better.

Ruth said...

Sandy it was a tough decision with a great deal to consider. KavinCoach as my guide and counselor made a big difference.

Laurel Hawkes said...

Praise God! Go you!

Ruth said...

Thanks Laurel. :)