Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful for lots of things

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say: "I want to see the manager!"
Willliam S. Burroughs

Gratitude, a feeling of thankfulness, enjoyment, appreciation all words that convey approval for something.  I love lots of things beautiful music, hearing aides to hear beautiful music, sunrise, sunset, photography.  Photography freed me to explore all the things I like.  I have another blog of pictures and most of the pictures are of things I like, love, or interest me.  http://ruthmower.blogspot.com/

I took a break from working on it while I thought about another project.  Now I am getting back to doing it again.  I enjoy sharing my pictures because I am sharing what I love.  Animals, birds, plants, city-scapes, landscapes.  One of my packages of pictures my daughter looked through and found a picture of a Skittle.  Yup that bright green little candy looked super cool snuggled in the dusty trail.  I love ducks, blown glass, kids, people.  In the last 5 years I have taken more than 60,000 pictures.  Yup, that is the right number of zeros after it.  I like spiderwebs, cactus, rocks, lines painted in a parking lot.  Lots of things capture my attention and I like seeing the beauty in ordinary things. 

One of the signs of depression is a lack of interest.  As depression loosens the strangle hold on my life, I am starting to discover how extremely curious I am.  There are some things I can't take pictures of that I appreciate the warmth from the sun, the hug of a child, a sense of humor, peace in my heart.  I grew up with the movie Sound Of Music.  One of my favorite songs is "Favorite things."  You Tube offers a version with Julie Andrews.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw2VX5wQYQg



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous photograph, Ruth. I see you're getting into the spirit of thankfulness early! :) It makes me want to follow suit.

Ruth said...

Thanks. There is so much I am thankful for, I can't fit all in on one day. :)