Thursday, March 29, 2012

Homework....

Katharine Hepburn
Life can be wildly tragic at times, and I've had my share. But whatever happens to you, you have to keep a slightly comic attitude. In the final analysis, you have got not to forget to laugh.

One of the most interesting things about counseling is homework.  Yup, I get homework.  There is no way that I could sort out my messy life in less than an hour a week.  If I just went to blah, blah, blah...I could do that anywhere.  I would end up with lots of people avoiding me but I pay someone to sit patiently while I sort out my mess.  I have had two really good counselors that give me some awesome suggestions for looking at my world differently.  Mind you, I don't always like what they have to say.  Some times I get down right pissed about it.  But if my own ideas were working well, I wouldn't be looking for another perspective.  Having someone else shine a light on things differently changes an entire picture.  Happened again tonight.  A single statement from NewCounselor and I am reassessing my perspective all the way home.  My home work...what was I like before I was messed up.  I was 4 years old.  Hadn't started school yet.  I have grandchildren older than that.  On facebook one of my DDs posted my son holding his little daughter up over him while he was leaning back in a chair.  The delight they were sharing was just awesome.  A time when the world was beautiful with soft kitties and pretty flowers and lovely colors.  I loved the world.  I loved watching ants.  I loved watching spiders.  I loved watching birds.  I loved petting kitties.  I loved dancing.  I would dance anywhere and everywhere.  My cousin had a ballerina costume that I tried on and they took my picture.  I loved the beach and the sand on the water and the swishing sound of the waves.  I loved the smell of cut grass.  I loved the irrigation that would sometimes bring crawdads.  You know, I still love all those things.  I was helping at a elementary school.  The children were gathered at the edge of the irrigation gawking at the strange creature floundering in the water.  I recognized a washed up crawdad.  I became an instant hero when I took off my shoes and ran a rescue mission.  I scooped the crawdad into a jar of irrigation water and released it into a canal.  Kids were amazed to watch this adult wade out into the stinky water for a crawdad.  We did warn them that the kids were not allowed to help me.  My photographs are a record of all the amazing things I find where ever I go.  Herons, hawks, and ducks at the park.  All the animals at the zoo.  Flowers abundant everywhere.  Sunsets that are just breath taking.  Yup, I am going to love my homework. 


Go Dog, Go!

Oooo Glitter

Flutterbyes

Arial fishing

Hut...2...3...4

Better than a crayon box

No comments: