Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Self medicating

Twelve years ago I went to work for a university photography department computer lab.  I knew about the computers but was clueless about photography.  The professors couldn't talk to me because I didn't understand why anyone would want to dodge or burn and being excited about a shoot seemed all wrong.  In exasperation, they assigned me to take Photography 101 as part of my job.  I fell in love.  The first day of class the professor explained that Photography is science mixed with magic.  Cool my two favorite subjects.  I finally graduated from university with a Bachelor in Fine Arts in Photography.  This week I have felt the ugliness of my childhood clawing at my mind.  I self medicated with printing one of my own beautiful pictures.  I feel much better now.

Up close and Personal at the Renaissance Fair

2 comments:

CZBZ said...

Beautiful!! Keep self-medicating please. ;)

Hugs,
CZ

Ruth said...

Thanks CZ.