Monday, April 8, 2013

Whole and Worthy



http://roots2blossom.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/whole-and-worthy-poem-130/
Shared by Judy http://theprojectbyjudy.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/sharing-whole-and-worthy/


Judy brought my attention to Roots2blossom's poem  Whole and Worthy.

I think this is where I want to be feeling whole and worthy.  After integration, I realized that functioning with different personalities was how I survived PTSD.  Now with integration, I am learning new ways to live with PTSD.  I believe one of the hardest things with PTSD is the belief that I am not worthy of kindness, I don't belong with good people, and I do not feel whole.  I will be going along thinking I am doing fairly well than a trigger is hit and I feel like my life blows apart.  Those times are fewer and farther between.  But hitting one reminds me that with PTSD you learn to manage and control reactions but it is always there....I compare PTSD to having diabetes if I control it and pay attention to what triggers me then life can be just about like everyone else.  However, neglecting my early warning signs and it can tear me up.  

Cracks and damaged is how I feel sometimes.

1 comment:

TR said...

Hi Ruth, I believe my comment didn't make it through.

A great way you describe our struggles. I can relate to the feeling of everything going ok and then it falls apart. I didn't even know about warning signs until I had read about them. Thank you for sharing this. xxoo TR