Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I wish I could....

Steve Maraboli's quote I posted yesterday is what I dream I could do.  By the end of my day, PTSD reminded me that no day is free of yesterday.  I get better at managing each new day but yesterday throws out snares.  I felt my anxiety raising at an event.  I knew if I just stuck to it not yielding, I would spiral out of control.  Instead, I left a bit early and walked in the hallways.  I redirected my thinking.  I used my past experience to find ways to reduce the feelings of anxiety.  Yielding a little helps me stop the spiral that sends my life out of control.  I realized my dream is to be able to live the life I could have had without abuse.  I dream of feeling a day of peace without triggers.  A day to wake up feeling rested.  A day without my past leaving potholes and pitfalls.  A day of peace. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgzXwpePTTU

1 comment:

said...

I know exactly what you are saying ♥ a day to just be you! well done on diverting yourself though!!! xxxx