Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Change your words

I often heard change your thinking, change your life.  This picture was shared on Facebook and encouraged others to share it. 


I always wondered how to change my thinking.  I hadn't considered the possibility of changing my words until I was in counseling.  My counselor was very patient teaching me new words to use in my life.  If I forgot and reused old word patterns he would remind me again, just as patiently the 1000th time as he did the 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  KavinCoach believed his job was to teach me a new way of thinking.  He guided me through victim thinking to survivor thinking with his goal to have me thriving thinking.  I first needed to recognize what I was doing to begin with.  He expected me to face myself and where I was.  I wasn't allowed to hide behind my forgetfulness.  My mind suppressed most of my childhood.  Opening up those memories was a long painful process. I am still on this journey to change my thinking.  I am still reminding myself when I slip back into old patterns that I deserve better.  I appreciate people sharing what they do to help change their thinking.  I learned from my counselor that how I talk to myself is important.  I'm thankful for what I have learned.  

No comments: