Sunday, January 28, 2018

Betrayal

I was having an awesome day.  I started the morning baking a birthday cake for our granddaughter.  I was on a roll, dishes were done, blog was written, then off to church.  Great meeting, I went to another meeting about 40 minutes in my body felt overheated and lousy....I tried to push through, my body betrayed me.  My mind shrieked I had 3-5 minutes to get home.  Fortunately church is less than 5 minutes from home which is a good thing.  I walked in the door, I didn't have time to take off my glasses or take out my hearing aides and my body collapsed and I was asleep in a kind of nap that feels like I am drugged.  Crumbs.  Such plans, tossed out the window.  I was so disappointed.  I was barely moving by the time family arrived for dinner.  Thankful our son helped finish things up and the meal was ready.  My body does this on a regular basis.  It is so frustrating for me.  I want to love my body but I hate the constant feeling of betrayal.  I've known since I was 15 that my body and I were not friends.  My goal is to make peace with my body and today was a big disappointment.  Heavy sigh.  Tomorrow is another day. 


No comments: