Sunday, February 4, 2018

Different perspecitves

Every once in a while I am directed to videos that I feel come close to how I feel about emotions.  This time there were 2. 

Ideas about emotion. The gift and power of emotional courage.  https://www.ted.com/talks/susan_david_the_gift_and_power_of_emotional_courage?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button__2018-01-30  
I did a search and ordered her book.  Emotional Agility, I'm looking forward to it coming later this month.   

This video followed the other one.  I enjoyed it too.
  https://www.ted.com/talks/heather_lanier_good_and_bad_are_incomplete_stories_we_tell_ourselves

Both videos touched on ideas that I feel connected to.  Spending most of my life without a connection to my emotions, makes emotions so much more precious to me. 

I learned that when I worry, I plan ahead.  If no one was worried why would the need to plan ahead or prepare for the future?

Without fear, there is no need for courage.  It is only in the darkness of fear that courage shines so brightly. 

Without discomfort people would settle and stay right where they are with little or no growth.  An uncomfortable person is looking for something different and is more open to invention and change. 

All those pesky emotions become the germinators for positive things in life, if I let them.


Wall I painted when there wasn't enough of any one color. I loved doing this at work. 

No comments: