Sunday, February 25, 2018

Stages of grief

I believe I'm about to gain a better understanding of these up close and personal.  I'm angry.  Surprisingly the thing that I am angry about is people throwing away opportunities to grow.  I understand where my thoughts are coming from but the emotion is still there and very powerful.  I know one of the stages is anger.  Great, I arrived.  Not so great, I arrived.  Interesting thing is when I looked it up, the psychologist are not agreeing on stages of grief.  Some say 5 and some say 7 while others mention only 3.  I believe the one thing they all agree on is every person proceeds through the process of grieving differently.  I am not surprised that I proceeded to anger very quickly.  It is my go to reaction to stuff I don't understand.  Rather than outwardly chastising the entire World for not doing what I think they should do.  I am examining my own choice being in line with what I am feeling.  Am I taking the opportunities presented to me to improve my life.  Am I making healthy choices on how to address and feel my grief.  Today, I chose to stay home.  I tried going out and realized I am not in the state of mind conducive to being kind and tolerant of others or myself.  I took a long nap.  I feel more at peace now. 


My daughter shared this on Facebook and I am thinking a lot about what is in me when I get shook up. 



Anger is a part that is showing up right now.  Stayed home to protect those around me.  I need to go to school tomorrow.  Heavy sigh.  I will work at parking my unreasonable expectations out with my car when I go inside. 

One of the articles I read when I looked up the stages of grief gave a perspective that fits with my opinion.  I like finding someone that agrees with me:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/supersurvivors/201707/why-the-five-stages-grief-are-wrong

No comments: