Monday, October 29, 2012

Keep a Journal

7. Keep a Journal

 http://www.purposefairy.com/6661/change-your-life-through-the-art-of-self-mastery/

I kept a journal from high school until I had my first child.  I would sporadically journal about big events like births or weddings.  Sometimes I found what I wrote empty...not real, like something was missing.  I didn't know it at the time, but something was missing, the rest of the story.  I stopped writing in my journal for many years.  When I was in counseling, KavinCoach recommended that I start again.  It was hard.  Things came out in my writing that I didn't say in sessions.  I was afraid of what I might write.  My journal became emails to him.  Then in time, my writing evolved to writing this blog.  I sometimes wonder if I also need to write in a journal again those things that I don't share here.  Writing is one avenue of exploring my own internal landscape.



PS.  I accidentally pushed post instead of save yesterday before this post was ready.  The only thing I could do was delete it until I finished writing it.  Computers are so unforgiving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For future reference, all you have to do is change it and save it and it will go back into drafts. Then change the date or time on your post, and it will reappear at the new time. :-)

I journaled growing up, then I threw them all away. Too many things I didn't want to remember.

Side note: Google is being weird. I'm signed in, and it's telling me I have to sign in... stupid google.

~Judy

Ruth said...

You'r right. I wasn't thinking that clearly. I was just so frustrated with myself for hitting post instead of save. :)

Judy said...

Yep, I hate when I do that too. :)