Saturday, October 20, 2012

Perseverance


"In the confrontation between the stream
and the rock, the stream always wins
- not by strength but by perseverance."
- H. Jackson Brown


Yesterday, I wrote about my desire to work towards self-mastery.  The comment made was that goal seems so far away and foreign.  I thought about the beginning of my counseling and where I am today, it is like an alien world that I at one time didn't believe was possible.  These past few weeks I am reflecting on the huge changes in my life.  My counselors taught me new perspectives and introduced new ways of doing things but I had to make all the changes.  Reminded me of the line that most 'Over-night' success stories take about 10 years.  I am over 50 and now able to say,  I am myself.  The huge amount of struggle and effort to get here can not be described in a simple post.  It started with just a desire to communicate with others.  A single step.

A totally different thought here.  Hug those you love.  Tell friends you care.  Send emails to those far away and let them know they are important to you.  My friend isn't doing well tonight and I delayed saying how much I care for her.  I am keeping her and her DH in my prayers while they struggle through a difficult time.  Letting go and Letting God is taking on a new meaning for me.  I can not be there to sit with her DH while he waits for news of her recovery.  I can not send an email for her to read because she is not able to read it right now.  I can prayer for peace for their family.  I can send peaceful thoughts in my mind.  And wait.  I am learning that prayer makes waiting more bearable.
  


3 comments:

Laurel Hawkes said...

Adding my prayers.

jessie said...

Sending prayers for your friend. (and you.)

Ruth said...

Thank you Laurel and jessie.