Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween

I love Halloween.  It is one of my favorite holidays.  Growing up I didn't know I was a multiple but for several years in a row I went dressed up as a Gypsy.  I now know that Maria was delighted to take over for the evening right down to my clothes and going barefoot.  After integration, I still love Halloween in the fun version.  I love the creativity.  The candy.  The decorations.  The fun spooky.  The tiny thrill of suspense.  Dressing up.  The candy.  Carving pumpkins.  Giant spiders.  The candy.  Did I mention I loved getting the candy?  Tonight in anticipation of that fabulous day a few links to some of my favorite stuff.  Halloween for fun.

iz plumpkin
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/10/28/funny-pictures-iz-plumpkin/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ICanHasCheezburger+%28I+CAN+HAS+CHEEZBURGER%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Pumpkin Carving as an art form
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=%2Fg%2Fa%2F2011%2F10%2F25%2Fray_villafane_pumpkins.DTL&object=%2Fc%2Fpictures%2F2011%2F10%2F25%2Fba-villafane_pum_0504431460.jpg

http://worldsmostevilblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/death-star-pumpkin.html#.Tqov8KPhqY0.facebook

Extreme Decorations


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAXMtUCcp7o&feature=share




Yes I do have a 'One horn, one eyed, flying purple people eater' and a CD of Monster Mash.  

4 comments:

mulderfan said...

As an elementary school teacher, Hallowe'en was a nightmare! Hyper, excited kids for days before and sugar high kids for days afterward! Bah, humbug!!!

As a kid, my daughter hated that I made her costumes and wanted the junkie ones from Walmart just like everyone else. I finally gave in.

Now I have great fun creating detailed costumes for my adult daughter and she's thrilled that mum can sew.

How times change for us all!

Hugs, P/M

Ruth said...

(((P/M))) I was one of those hyper - sugar high kids. :) Your costumes are amazing and creative. I hope you enjoy the day.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ruth

Halloween is a fun time. I love it when the children come around trick or treating; though there are a few miseries about round here who put signs in their windows telling them to keep away.

I always enjoyed helping my children to make the pumpkin lanterns and remember one unforgettable year when I was a foster mother. I was looking after a sick baby and I was unable to make a lantern. So my son said he would make it himself and set off upstairs with the pumpkin and tools on a tray, appearing later with a really magnificent one. Several days later I noticed a horrible pong when I went in his room to clean it. On investigation I found the pumpkin innards were still on the tray where he had pushed it under his bed. I have a weird sense of humour and had a good laugh about it.

Thank you for the links, I really enjoyed the Halloween light shows.

I hope you enjoy Halloween.

XX Molly

Ruth said...

That is Awesome. Sounds like a wonderful son. I would have laughed too. :)