Saturday, October 1, 2011

There's a Rule?

Rowe's Rule: the odds are five to six that the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train.
Paul Dickson

This popped up on one of my widget quotes.  I have joked for years that the light at the end of the tunnel was a train.  I had plenty of experience with being flattened time and time again.  Many times I have prayed for understanding so I don't have to go through the same experience again and again and again.  The fact that somebody, anybody, turned it into some sort of 'rule' is just stunning.  However, this week evaluating my progress I am fairly sure this time it is not a train or if it is, my tunnel is wide enough that I have options.  I love having options.  This week went differently than I had hoped but it was still a good weekend. I feel good about my progress. 

Smile, people will wonder what you are up to.  :)

2 comments:

mulderfan said...

Glad you had a good week, Ruth!!

Ruth said...

Thanks mulderfan.