Saturday, May 19, 2012

Challenges



One of the challenges of long term counseling is staying positive that good things are around the corner.  I feel a bit like the battleship in the following urban legend.  (It is so funny you wish it were true.)

This is the (fictional) transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.
Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a Collision.
Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.[2]
My counselors are lighthouses along a rocky shore attempting to bring me to safe harbor.

There comes a time when it is my call.  I feel like last weekend I passed a final exam.  I learned that as an integrated person I can cope with high stress, triggers stomped on, and still enjoy myself.  It wasn't just a case of grimly surviving...I really had fun.  A few of the pictures from last Saturday are below.  This is when I wished I had a 500mm lens.  I call this group Deere, Cats, and Elk.   Enjoy.  :)

Oh Deere!

Morning line up

A CAT bigger than an  Elk.

Drive by shootings...They drive by and shoot pictures.

Breakfast

You looking at me?

Lawn ornaments
Hi How are ya'?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg those elk!

Judith said...

This sub vs lighthouse story is awesome

Evan said...

Time for a graduation party!