Friday, May 25, 2012

I love Einstein

‎10 Amazing Life Lessons You Can Learn from Albert Einstein:

1. Follow your curiosity

2. Perseverance is priceless

3. Focus on the present

4. The imagination is powerful

5. Make mistakes

6. Live in the moment

7. Create Value

8. Don't expect different results

9. Knowledge comes from experience

10. Learn the rules and then play better

I follow Einsteins quotes.  I fell in love when I found
“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
listed at
http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/9810.Albert_Einstein 

I loved reading fairy tales to my children.

Another favorite: 
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Decompressing this evening.  I will get back reading blogs and answering emails tomorrow.  Have a beautiful day wherever you are.   


7 comments:

Judith said...

I have at least five shelves in my library with fairy tale books (Andrew Lang, the Grimm brothers and Ruth Manning Sanders taking up the most space). Everything I learned about being a decent human being came out of reading fairy tales. They were my parents in ways my mother and father never were able to be.

Einstein is awesome. I'm married to a math geek, so I dig those kinds of minds.

mulderfan said...

Happy decompressing! I can hear that big sigh of relief way up here in Canada!

Kara said...

Lovely post, Ruth. The photograph of the butterfly is amazing!!

Ruth said...

vicariousrising thanks for sharing your experience. Hurray for math geeks. :)

Absolutely mulderfan. Thanks for sending a bit of Canada cool our way.

Kara, thank you. The lovely picture is a lunar moth. The coloring is so stunning in real life. Hard to convey the 'other worldy' feeling I get when I see these beautiful creatures.

Kara said...

Of course, a moth, now that you say it I can see that the shape is different from a butterfly. I had never seen a moth in a bright colour before, where we are they are usually pale brown or beige. The green colour is really stunning!

mulderfan said...

Ruth, we're in the midst of a heat wave with the air conditioning blasting!

Ruth said...

Kara the lunar moth really is beautiful.

Sorry mulderfan, heat can be so tough. Some how our weather got swapped.