Friday, February 1, 2013

Bummer

"Yesterday's failures are today's seeds
that must be diligently planted to be
able to abundantly harvest
tomorrow's successes."
- Author Unknown
 

As long as I can remember, I work at trying to be a better person.  I go a long thinking I am doing pretty darn good.  Then bammm..... Today I stuck to my exercise program even though I was sore and achy.  Next the evening didn't go as I planned.  When we came home, I watched tv and played mindless video games.  MyCounselor encourages me to sit with an emotion and identify that little sucker.  Sulking is an energy sucker....it leaves my mind numb.....it is filled with resentment....this is a yucky feeling.  I realize I have felt it before.  I always just chalked it up to depression and buried my head to my own reality.  Hmmmm I almost didn't write any post at all....I am hiding from my own shortcomings.  I don't like sulking in others.  I learned from the past that if I don't like a behavior in someone else there is something lurking in me that I am not comfortable with.  This time I recognized it.  It is a little late or early depending if you think late at night or early in the morning to do all the things I originally wanted to do.  I accept that I did do somethings that I wanted to do but I just wasn't prepared to do it tonight.  I need to check with MyCounselor and see what I can do to help me to cope better when I have a sudden change of plans.  It doesn't matter if the change is good or bad.  Wow.  I need to work this out as much as I can because I won't be seeing him for 3 weeks.

PS.  After working with NewCounselor for over 2 years I decided to change his name to MyCounselor, since he is.  

PSS Don't need to wait to talk to MyCounselor... two other bloggers offered challenges that are going to speed me through February.
http://www.adventuresofkat.com/work-hustle-kill/
Take the challenge to be Real every where...I think I sulk when I let myself down.

And take Judy's challenge....
On Valentine’s Day, post one thing that is wonderful about you and you love about yourself.
http://theprojectbyjudy.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/the-challenge/



 

No comments: