Thursday, February 28, 2013

What I learned this month



"There's only one way to succeed
in anything and that is
to give everything."
- Vince Lombardi 



"And in the end it's not the years in your
life that count. It's the life in your years."
- Abraham Lincoln


Another perspective learning about yourself.
http://www.danoah.com/2013/02/sorry-you-missed-your-chance.html

What an adventure this month.  What I learned: 

I can not run my negative tape that runs me down and write positive things about myself at the same time.  In order for the negative tape to run, I must cancel out all good things about myself.  I know now that there are many good things about me, therefor the negative tape is a lie.  Why should I tell myself lies? 

I learned that the better I feel about myself the easier it is to 'snap' out of it when I hit a slump. 

I learned that the more aware I become of myself, my awareness heightens of others.  This surprised me, I was taught that anyone that focus on themselves become a very small package.  I did not expect that caring for myself would increase my awareness of the needs of others. 

I learned how the parable of the talents works.  Matthew 25:14-30 King James Version (KJV)
I always thought it unfair that the one that had the most talents was given even more talents.  This past month the more I acknowledge the good qualities I have the more I was aware of more qualities that I have.  At the end of the month, I was thinking of more to write about then I did at the beginning of the month.  The concept ties in to the concept that the more I use my talents the more I have to share.

I learned so much more than I expected too sharing my love story of Finally Loving Myself.  I learned this from FLYlady as FLY - Finally Loving Yourself.  I was introduced to the concept years ago, now I get it.  http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/fly-faq/#buzz

I learned that after 10 years of counseling I am at the beginning of my story, the one I write for myself.  I am so excited to finally understand what it means to thrive.

My hope is that each of you continue your journey from victim to survivor to thriving.  We are each in a different phase.  To those that are starting your own journey to thriving, keep going.  The road is littered with discouragement but it is so worth the trip.  For those farther ahead then me, keep going, I am following your example.  The most amazing thing of all I discovered how blessed I am in this amazing world.  I thank the Lord everyday for one more day in His playground.









I am at the beginning of my story, not the end.
 

No comments: