Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Embrace the unexpected

Waking up to snow all over our car.  We don't have snow tires.  My first reaction was to worry about how we were going to drive.  Then my daughter suggested that we play with the kids in the snow.  What an amazing morning of fun in the fluffy snow.  Snow angels, pulling the kids on a small sled, attempting a snowman we did what ever came to mind.  We played until the grandkids were hungry and tired.  Whatever plans we had were tossed in a snowbank and we had a wonderful time.  Lunch and nap time for all of us.  I slept wonderfully.  When I woke up the snow was almost gone.  If we waited until later to play in the snow there would be none to play in.  We would have missed it.  



How many times did I let unexpected moments slip through my fingers?  Depression, fear, over scheduled, nose to the grindstone thinking robbed me of many of those moments.  I understand that there are some things that need to be done.  Walking off my job to play in the sunshine would cost me my job.  However, worry about getting a certain number of things done each day, not so much.  One of the gifts from being sick for a long time was discovering how many things can be left undone and it won't be the end of the world.  The cliche "Stop and Smell the Roses" stays around because it is a basic truism.  Worry melted with the snow.  Memories created that sitting here brings a smile to my face.  I better understand how fun it is to do something unexpected just because.  I plan to do this again, maybe not wait until snow falls but random acts of fun at unexpected moments.

Another random beautiful moment shared on Facebook. To me this is beautiful and worth 5 minutes. (10 minutes if you watch it twice.)   :)
http://www.wimp.com/bestcoin/


If you are on Facebook Enjoy:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4767574347510&set=o.106027143213&type=1

 Please share your 5 minutes of happy.......


No comments: