Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Squirrel

Shiny Object Syndrome

chttp://joelrunyon.com/two3/shiny-object-syndrome

  1. Start
  2. Keep Going
  3. Decide
  4. Commit
  5. Embrace The Suck
  6. Keep Going (Again)
  7. FINISH!
  8. Repeat

 If you read my blog for any length of time you will notice that I tend to jump around.... a lot.  February was an exception and I was hard pressed to stay on me as the subject.  I find so many different things interesting.  Before integration, I could hyper-focus on one thing to the exclusion of all else.  I swore the house could burn down and I wouldn't notice if I was reading a book.  Since integration I find staying on a subject for more than a post hard to do if not impossible.  My mind wanders off all together.  (Love the t-shirt Don't let your mind wander... It's way too small to be outside by itself!)  Joel comes to my rescue with a short list reminder on what I need to do to finish a project.  I didn't ever think I might be ADD until after I integrated.  Then I was reassured that distractions, mind wandering, interruptions, and other various zigs and zags are actually fairly common.  Nothing special, no ADD, no excuses.  Then I decided that there may be another possibility.  I was numb or half asleep for most of my life.  I am waking up and like a little kid let outside after a long winter I want to run around and see everything and do everything and just zip around in this big amazing world.  Ever want to run around screaming for no particular reason other than it is great to be alive? 


On the move

Unexpected meeting at the Mall


Pac Man?

See the people?






Zee End

2 comments:

jessie said...

Love the cactus and the zebra photos!

Just a thought for you: did you know that hyper-focusing, to the exclusion of all other things, can be a hallmark of ADD too? Sometimes people don't realize that ADD folks CAN focus (intensely) at times!

Ruth said...

Thanks Jessie. I didn't know that about ADD.