Tuesday, August 26, 2014

HABITS

My sister reposted this link (http://theprojectbyjudy.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/new-perspective-from-poppyposts/) and I realized that I really want to have it super bookmarked by putting it in my blog.  Yes, I actually search my own blog since several things come back to haunt me on a regular basis.  What I worked out before often helps again.

http://poppyposts-blog.net/2013/12/08/i-have-the-power/

Yup, I need this right now.  I am reading several books about our thoughts making us who we are.  I find the books fairly disturbing since my head is still trying to take out all the trashed dumped on me from childhood.  I feel aggravated, no pissed off, when people declare that what happens to you as a child doesn't make any difference as an adult.  I tend to agree if it were a single event but if a child is habitually abused the after affects can last a life time.  Sometimes the effect is the person fighting not to be like their past.  I like Poppy's ideas about turning ANTs into ARTs and her idea of HABITS gives me something to review. 

Helpful
      Alternative
    Behaviour
      Influencing
   Thoughts.

 Thanks Poppy.


I had a shake up at work and a reality check bounce this weekend.  I decided to pull back and regroup.  I came home exhausted tonight but worked out anyone.  Bless sweet DH he cooked dinner tonight.  I felt loved.  I am going to turn my thoughts to finding healthy HABITS that will build me up instead of tearing me down.  I am choosing to take what I learned in counseling and implement a campaign to be kind to myself.  I realized that I do think about what I need now I need to put into action my good thoughts.  I can change.....I've done a lot of changing and more is in my future. 

Looking for a new beat to march to.......

1 comment:

Evan said...

People who think their big childhood experiences (either once off or because repeated) don't influence them as adults are having themselves on.

And probably have good reasons for believing this. (I suspect the people who think this way had an awful time that they don't want to think about).

I love that acrostic for 'habit'.