Friday, August 29, 2014

Not nice

The saga continues.  However, now I have an administrator dealing with the district people.  I gave them the information and I am stepping back.  I am relinquishing control.  I am allowing another person step up for me.  This is an amazing feeling.  I listened to someone trying to understand the person that is giving me a rough time.  She told me that this woman is nice person.  The thought came to mind, "If you are out with someone and they are not nice to the waiter then they are not a nice person."  I decided the person does not respect me.  She created a hostile work environment while claiming she was trying to empower me.  First off, if she is trying to empower me, she believes she is the one with the power.  A nice person doesn't say, "Do things my way or you won't have a job."  A nice person would have found ways to encourage instead adding frustration and contention.  I am seeing a big contrast between the two people over me.  Neither one of them know me except my work position. One person I walked away from the meeting feeling respected, heard and my suggestion was part of the solution.  The other person, I felt threatened, unsure, and cried after the meeting.  It became obvious to me that she is not a nice person.   The skills I learned from my other unpleasant boss are coming in handy.  Save all emails.  Don't answer any emails unless I have someone else approve the letter.  Pass all information to the administrator that is treating me with respect.   I can do this.  I can feel confident at work.  I am making a difference.  I love how I feel helping at school.




2 comments:

Judy said...

Nice is an interesting word. I've often thought it was used to describe surface qualities. How many killers and abusers have been described as "I never would have guess it was him because he's so nice." I never trust the word nice.

TR said...

That is wonderful progress and love how you handled things at work.

I am leery about the word nice as well. I notice that I often use it to say about someone I actually don't like because I don't want to say what I really feel about that person. xx