Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Where do you find hope?

Times are tough but we are tougher is a mantra I use more than once.  When I was laid off from my job over 10 years ago the following summer my therapist moved.  That Fall I found out I have a brain tumor.  Rocked my World.  I spun around graduated from college, found a new job and learned to live with Brian, my brain tumor.  I started karate and continue to change my thinking and changing my world. 

Now there is this pandemic panic.  It spread like wild fire around the Globe.   People are losing jobs, businesses are closing for good, store shelves are empty and we are only one week into this mess.  The disease has been around for months but this panic is new and spread World wide.  Fanned by fires of politics and greed.  Track who is making money over this and what governments are taking control over their people. 

Where is hope in all this mess?  For me, I pray.  I feel Christ peace.  However, I know that not everyone feels this way.  At a church gathering I shared an experience of feeling Heavenly Father's love and profound feeling of love from my Savior.  During my speech a woman got up and left because the God she knows is a vengeful God and she does not feel any peace. 

Where is hope?  I discovered that within me is an invincible summer.  I had a poster with part of this quote on my wall in high school. 

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within mean invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against mewithin me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.” ― Albert Camus

Where is hope? My counselor helped me draw back the curtains that hid my childhood memories.  They are horrific.  I trembled, shook, and cried.  On some of my worse sessions, my therapist gently reminded me, "You already survived this, you will survive remembering it, too." 

Our hope is within ourselves.  We lived through hard things.  We will survive this too.  I face this fear calmly and plan to spend my time at home to do things I haven't had time to do.  My projects will last for months.  We will survive. 

For those with a twisted sense of humor enjoy this video.....if you do not have a twisted sense of humor, I recommend skipping it....   https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=eim5jLlEPYI&feature=emb_logo


No comments: