Monday, March 2, 2020

Wowser

Wowser - It's been a while since I've written here.  I am writing more on my PTSD page but even there is a lot less frequently.  I am doing several large projects.  Even when I am not actively working on something for it I feel the weight of the responsibility and more than a little overwhelmed.  I asked DH (darling husband) if I was over reacting to events.  Like Kavin Coach, he put his finger on his nose indicating I was exactly right that I was overreacting.  I wonder if I should tell DH that when my counselor put his finger on his nose like that I had this huge urge to punch him?  Hoping it is a once and will go away if I ignore him.  Or I just won't ask questions like that.  More likely the second one.

I finished another large project at school barely in time to go to the competition.  Two students worked together to write a book addressing how a 7 year old child would react to a baby sister coming two months early.  Illustrated and written in Spanish and English they did an awesome job.  I want to show the book to a couple of the hospitals to see if they would be interested in a kid book written by teenagers that helps them connect with questions they have with what is happening.  I am so proud of the students and teacher bringing the pictures and story together.  My job was to get the pictures scanned and into book formatting.  No easy task when the computer fights you every inch of the way.  I am happy it is done but feeling the let down of, "Now What?"  One of my challenges is feeling unwanted and I associate feeling wanted with having a task to do.  No task then no body wants me.  I totally know this is illogical and wonky thinking but who said PTSD is logical?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I check in regularly because your thoughts were the first i discovered 7 years ago after a breakdown with a diagnosis of complex ptsd and depression. I have seen a few bright periods with some that were awful. Because of your faith in the midst of it i heard and was helped. To begin addressing and assessing at 65 is unbelievably difficult and it's only now that I can crawl. I relay this because remembrance of the "helicopter" angels God provides us in our weakness and lostness is part of the healing. The illness is there but through a wonderful therapist and places to hang out in hope-like your blogs-the burden is lighter. Hope is a needed grace everyday when climbing the mountains. As His word says, despise not the day of little things." I would add your tiny might be a giant gift. Each soul is a great mystery and in Heaven we will spend eternity getting acquainted. Like He says just be who I made you to be and you will bless all around you. I am so grateful for your blog and your honesty and faith.

Ruth said...

Thank you. You wrote this at a time when I am asking if the time I take to do this is worth it. If it is helping you, it is worth it. Thanks for your comment and reassurance I needed today. Cheering for you.