Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Perspective


Cloud picture with only black or white.
One of the first lesson KavinCoach taught me was about perspective.  He has a note pad that is yellow with blue stripes on one side and brownish gray on the other.  He holds it up and asks what I see.  Of course our answers are different and both correct.  I understood this a little at a time.  I decided to find this principal through my photography.  These two pictures are taken within 30 seconds of each other.  I stood in the same spot and turned my camera from one part of the sky to another.  I realized that much of my life when I was being told I was wrong was more a matter of perspective.  Many times when I try to tell someone else they are wrong it is still a matter of perspective.  Being raised in a black/white world somebody was always right and somebody was always wrong.  KavinCoach taught me that their are many ways of looking at issues, people, and events.  All of them can be right and all of them can be wrong or any variation of gray in between.  From black/white to shades of gray gives a much wider ground for defining my perspective.  I still have a challenge of sharing my perspective with someone else through communicating my view of the world.  I am learning to be more open to other people perspective and more willing to defend my own perspective.  KavinCoach still reminds me that my perspective is valid and so is his. 

No comments: