Thursday, September 2, 2010

Resources

I am learning new things every day about how to use this blog.  I added pages....Woohoo!  One of the things KavinCoach encouraged was for me to find out about myself through my own reading.  I get homework.  Really hard homework sometimes.  On the right hand side in the side bar is the little words Pages followed by Home and Resources.  Pages is the heading for the other two.  Home link brings you back to the main part of the blog.  Resources is a page of books, websites, and other sources of inspiration, information, and other resources that help me along my journey in life.  I didn't get where I am today alone.  I like Einstein's quote, We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”  So I am passing on resources I used that I found helpful.  I do not agree with every single word printed in the resources.  I do not believe that these are the only resources.  These are a few that helped out of hundreds of books, articles, websites, quotes, scriptures, and anything else I have studied to help me improve myself.  If you don't like a book, take it back to the library.  On the other hand, if you come across something you think is helpful send me the link or the title and I will read it too.  Scriptures I tend to use are the King James Version.  It is the first book I ever bought with my own money.  It cost me 10 cents at a book fair.  I still have it.  I love the scriptures.  I love Christ teachings. I love Christ.   
I also changed the theme because the other theme I couldn't read the new headings very easily.   I tend towards blue because that is my favorite color.  I like all colors but blue has a peacefulness and calm that I like.  Gray makes a great background for pictures.  That is my photographer's thinking coming out.  Gray doesn't change the color of the picture.  If you are curious as to why this works, (most people aren't) you could look up Josef Albers research on color.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Albers

I also added a link to the book I wrote called We Are One.  The preview allows you to read my story of a major change in my life.  The inspiration of why I call my blog We Are One. If you are interested in a paperback version you can click on this link 
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1161440
I called the book revised but it would be more accurate to say resized.  The two books are the same except for the size.  The large book does not come in a paperback version. 

Anyone that reads my blog or gets to know me will learn that I believe knowledge is power.  The more knowledge I have the greater my ability to make choices.  KavinCoach taught me that all knowledge is not created equal.  How the knowledge is used to become a better person is also important.  Some of the books I read talk about abuse in all its forms and disguises.  It is not easy reading.  Some of these books I read a few paragraphs at a time.  I also have a huge library of self-help books.  Some I plan to go back to read now that my perspective has changed.  My life was not in a place I wanted to be when I hit rock bottom.  I used knowledge to change my thinking.  My thinking changed my actions.  My actions altered who I am.  I admire Dave Pelzer, who wrote a Child Called It, he said, “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” There is another one I am thinking of that I can't find word for word.  (I'll need to look back through his later books.)  He is a speaker that talks to audiences about surviving abuse and choosing who he is.  He was asked if he wished that his life could be different.  His reply stuck in my head and became my goal.  He said something close to "I like the man I am today and I would not be that man without those experiences."  I feel like I have achieved that goal.  I like who I am today.  I would not be who I am today without all the experiences I have had before. 

No comments: