Thursday, June 23, 2011

Body slammed

I really thought that the type of counseling session where you come out feeling like you have been body-slammed were behind me.  Crumbs.  I knew I had hit high stress garbage but I didn't realize until about half way through today's session that I am rattled clear to my core.  I keep reminding myself that permanent life changes are not comfortable, not easy, and so worth it.  Driving home I had to take a break half way through.  (Counselor is a 45 minute drive away.)  I stopped to grab something sugary and so not what I should be eating.  While I was there, I found this amazing salad plate with the coolest tree frog hanging in some flowers.  The cashier asked me about the plate.  I first said it was cool.  Then I added, "I have grandchildren.  That's my story and I am sticking to it."  Some cashiers should not interact with costumers.   I think the grandkids will enjoy the plate too.  Might need to go back for more of them.   


9 comments:

Laurel Hawkes said...

Good for you for remembering to have fun, especially in the middle of an explosion.

Ruth said...

Thanks Laurel. :)

Number One Nut said...

THAT is an awesome plate! I think you should get a whole set and eat every meal off them!

mulderfan said...

I can see EXACTLY why you had to have that plate! Froggy seems to be parting the weeds and stepping into freedom with a smile on her face. (Love the colours too!)

Body slam sessions are tough but they are a sign of progress!

Keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll be surprised where you end up, Ruth!

Ruth said...

Non - I like your thinking. :)

Thanks mulderfan. This is one of these comments that I feel like I should say thanks Mum. Your encouragement sounds so much like my imaginary Mum. I really appreciate your kind words.

mulderfan said...

Well, Ruth, I'm real and if it makes you feel good to call me mum, be my guest! Whatever works for you is fine by me.

My Ns apparently see me as a cold-hearted bitch who is full of hate so it's nice to have someone see me in such a positive light.

Thanks, Ruth!

Ruth said...

Your parents never see the real you even when you are standing right in front of them. Thanks Mum.

Anonymous said...

THAT is a cool plate. the froggy!
i was having a bad day yesterday too, i always find myself buying myself sugars then too. yesterday it was a stockpile of chocolate. makes me feel better. mmmm chocolate. it's nice to be able to do a little something for yourself.

Ruth said...

Chocolate is the closest thing there is to a cure all.