Friday, August 9, 2013

How to make Major Changes....


"Success is not to be pursued;
it is to be attracted by
the person we become."
- Jim Rohn



I was asked recently how I changed my eating habits.  I told them about using myfitnesspal.com however, that isn't the main thing.  25 years ago, I discovered the vital piece that creates change.  For over a year, I could be up only about 20 minutes a day.  Raising a family of 6 children this is like a living nightmare, or half-dead nightmare depends on your perspective.  I felt like a total burden to my family.  I felt less than useless.  I lay there one night begging Heavenly Father to remove this problem or let me die.  I was assured in my heart and mind that I was NOT going to die.  I was devastated.  I begged that I can't live this way....so Heavenly Father prompted...."What are you going to do about it?" In that darkened room, a tiny bit of heavenly light peeked through.  I didn't know what I could do about it.  So I started the odyssey of reclaiming my life.  No short cuts. No pixie dust. No magical button.  No rabbit out of the hat.  Progress was in teeny tiny baby steps with plenty of falling flat on my face.  In the process, I learned what I needed to create great change in my life.  I had and continue to have little miracles but the big portion of work towards change was me getting up every morning, thanking my Heavenly Father for another day to do the best or worse I can.  I make the choices.  Sometimes a wild card is thrown at me.  Sometimes like Chutes and Ladders, I hit a long slide down.  I splat at the bottom look around for a ladder and if I can't find one I start scrambling up the sides again.  Whatever it takes I keep moving.  I had many, many bad days in a row with an occasional good day knowing that another bad day was just a dawn away.  But it also meant if I struggled through enough dawns there would be another good day.  After 25 years that is reversed.  I have many, many good days in a row.  When I have a bad day now, I know, that a good day is just a dawn away.  The miracle I believed in - every morning the sun comes up.  Ever noticed how miraculous that is?





No comments: