Friday, August 16, 2013

Miracles


Miracles: You do not have to look for them. They are there, 24-7, beaming like radio waves all around you. Put up the antenna, turn up the volume - snap... crackle... this just in, every person you talk to is a chance to change the world.
― Hugh Elliott


The sunrises daily and starts your day out with a miracle whether you accept it or not.  When it is cloudy outside, the sun is just on the other side.  Clouds are a miracle themselves.  Millions of tiny water droplets clustered together.  Showering nourishing water on concrete or bushes, dirt or grass, fences or flowers.  All are equally blessed.  Some places, like Seattle, happen to get a lot more of it than a desert location of Phoenix.  The variety of rainforest to desert are all blessed by varying amounts of rain.  Each place glories in its element.  Cactus do not do well in a rain forest.  Moss and ferns are blistered by the sun.  I believe that sometimes I am looking for someone else's blessing in my life.  The wonderful thing about gratitude is I recognize my blessings piling up all around me.  I am blessed.

My sister and I often talk about the little miracles we see in our lives every day.  Timing of things that fall into place so perfectly.  We were chatting back and forth about this yesterday.  But the really big problems in our lives seem to linger on.  Waiting for some miracle.  I through out the idea that some of those problems are behavior of other people and the recognition that God doesn't make anyone be good.  The miracle is that He does give me a way to arm myself and protect myself from their behavior.  Miracles all around.



People totally miss seeing these at the zoo. Miracles are there, sometimes we just don't see them.

No comments: