Saturday, October 19, 2013

Do what you can

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
- Theodore Roosevelt
 

Give up on doing nothing....yup I can do that. #5 is I must give up to move forward choosing to do nothing. I have always believed that choosing to do nothing is a choice. I chose it for a long time. I sunk deeper and deeper into despair until I finally hit rock bottom...then the only way I had to go was up.  I took this step years ago.  I did like the donkey being buried in the well, shake it off and step up.   http://weareone-ruth.blogspot.com/2011/02/shake-it-off-and-step-up.html  The very essence of moving forward is choosing to move.  Sometimes I crept forward one baby step at a time or maybe it looked more like a Cha-Cha with one step forward and two back.  Sometimes I was like an infant crawling forward, just put your head down and put one hand in front of the other.  I allow myself to rest from time to time but never give up.  Winston Churchill stated, "Never, never, never give up."  Choosing to do nothing is a lazy man's giving up.  

Lying in a lump on the floor when I tried to put away the dishes and collapsed...I lay there for a couple of hours.  My son found me still on the floor when he came home from school he told me to go back to bed.  I crawled back to bed.  I felt like a failure...however, the next day, I got up to try again and again and again.  KavinCoach expressed his astonishment at my persistence.  I know deep within myself the one thing I can do is "Never, never, never give up."



No comments: